Re: Tenterfield railway to reopen?

Bob <gioia@fastlink.com.au> wrote:

>   A similar answer to that of 5711. We will see a man on Mars before a loco is
> released from Dorrigo to some tin pot organisation that has no idea about running
> steam or any other type of trains.

A lot of people said the same thing about the Bendigo Trust when the
Bendigo Tramway system was abandoned.  Despite opposition from the
established tramway preservation organisations, the Trust went on to
achieve something unique in the world in terms of tramcar
preservation.

There seems to me to be a similar hubris evident amongst many heavy
rail preservation groups who seem to believe that only they could
possibly have the ability to adequately handle heavy rail
preservation.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton