Re: Tenterfield railway to reopen?

Bob <gioia@fastlink.com.au> wrote:

> There is a big difference here. The Bendigo trust was established
> to save an existing tram system complete with all its trams.

No.  The Bendigo Trust existed long before the tram system was
abandoned and is a general historical preservation society for
Bendigo.  It is not now, nor has it ever been, specifically a railfan
organisation.

> I suppose that they could ask for some grant money ,to the detriment of
> all the existing groups.

That's exactly the sort of hubris I was referring to.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Bolton
Sydney, Australia