Re: Melbourne Night Tram service [was ATM's -- "touch" panels

Dave McL <davemcl@-DR*P-iprolink.co.nz> wrote in article
<34bd68f2.0@news.iprolink.co.nz>...
> >Last night i
> > happened to be on a Night Link tram with a friend at aproximately 3am
(A
> > class, #279)
>
> How many people use this all-night tram service, can anybody tell me? How

> many were on your trip, Michael?

Quite a few people, from what i have seen use this service, although my
trip that night wasnt the busiest. Riding from Chappel St Prahran to the
City, there were about 6 other people on board. At one stage a fairly
abusive (verbally) drunk who had got on, it seems outside a pub that had
closed for the night.

I personally see this system should be implemented permanently, but on a
similar fare structure to the NightRider buses. Both are very useful, and
perhaps the NightRider bus fare structure could be extended out to these
NightLink trams. Perhaps if this happens, as from the types of people i
have seen use this service, a security guard, or at least another member of
staff should accompany the drivers on the services for safety reasons.

Cheers. Regards, Michael Kurkowski.

--
mailto:simcard@comcen.com.au
http://simcard.base.org/