Re: Vicrail rail closures

Krel wrote:

BIG SNIP

> A container port for Albury is still under investigation - has been
> for at least 10 years !!!!!!!
>
> Cheers Krel
  Good news,
            but still little interst is shown by Freight corp, when
Vline has to wait 2 months for them to find a crew and an Engine to
shift 50 Container Flats [marked consignment TNT for overhaul Goulburn
?} We finaly got NRC to move them and Train Control told us at Wodonga,
that as no services were regularly timetabled south of Junee and that as
crews would have to be found at Couta.. bad luck...or so we are told
down here.
      Also a new Inland Port has been announced on the Border. It is in
Victoria about 2 km towards Melbourne, just past the present Wodonga
Loop. Management of Vline Freight informed us that the Coal Siding and
Bandianna would be moved to the new site within two years.The new site
would be accessed by NRC crews, managed jointly by CRT and outher
interested bodies. Vline Freight will operate [one man] pilots and
IntraState trains as well as several new services towards Sydney.
Freight Corp are very unhelpfull, and off the record throw aways from
respectable members of Management suggest Vline is itching to go there!
The Union is also keen to go, Iron Mike Hinch, much beloved by his Dynon
converted has been written up as saying, that Dynon will run two man G's
to Goulburn and rest[apologies to Mike,mate?]
      Wodonga will probably go soon after as our Very Honest, Upright
Stinken Rich Business Leaders/also Town Councillors, have decided the
land is being waisted and a complex could be built for Shops or Buses or
more likely Trucks.
     As the new Internal bypass is about to get underway in Albury, it
is a good time to reroute the railway along side and, of course a lot of
Albury Yard will be lost with on/off ramps Etc.  They want Albury
Station to remain,but Wodonga would go.....We can only wonder ehere it
will stop.
                       Rod Young
         Anyway tell me a lovely story about container
 flats going to Goulburn.....why, how who etc etc....
                   Rod Young