Re: Vicrail rail closures

I have some for you, when I get the opportunity, I shall go through my
back issues of Newsrail and Rail News Victoria to see if I can find any
more for you. Unless otherwise noted, all dates are taken from the 1st
edition of the 'Melbourne's Metropolitan Railway System 1854-1994' (c)
Stephen Watson and Ian Johnson, available Railfan Shop in Market Street,
Melbourne.

Rob Coventry wrote:

> I am making up a series of maps showing the status of the Victorian
> Railways from 1854. Could anyone please give me any information or
> dates for the following:
>
> I don't have any dates for the opening of the following lines:
>
> Underground loop

Northern Loop 7-1-85
Clifton Hill Loop 1-11-82
I also remember Burnley Loop opened first in 1981 sometime

> Altona to Laverton

Altona to Westona 21-1-85
Westona to Laverton Junction 14-4-85
> Webb Dock line

> Flinders Street to Princes Bridge

18-12-1865 (Transit Australia Dec 95 'From The Past')

> I don't have any dates for the closure of the following lines:
>
> Myrtleford to Bright
> Bairnsdale to Orbost
> Camperdown to Timboon
> Noradjuha to East Natimuk