Re: Melbourne Airport Link

Yuri J Sos wrote:

[snip]

> According to the Premier, a car is the only mode of transport that can
> move a person and their luggage from the airport to the door of their
> destination without a change of transport mode.  The Treasurer said
> that the Government is so committed to widening the Tullamarine
> Freeway that it was difficult to imagine varying those plans (to
> accommodate other transport modes).  Surveys released by the State
> Government show that 96% of all surface passengers to the airport
> arrive by car.

It is obvious that majority of "surface passengers to the airport
arrived by car", as there are no many other alternative transport to get
there.  I suppose the rest of surface passengers (ie. 4%) must arrived
by Met Bus (478, 479 - only operate during the weekend!!),
private-operated "Airport Buses", motorcycles, push-bikes, or by foot!!

I.C.

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Approved CCT Library Supplier for Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group