Re: Future for QR Tin sets

Matthew Smith wrote in message <367e45d2.0@news.bris.corplink.com.au>...

>David & Jan Winter wrote in message <367e3aa5.0@news.highway1.com.au>...
>>
>>As for 25kV traction motors, WHEW!!!!
>>
>>DW
>>

>Sorry. I didn't actually mean 25KVAC traction motors. I was referring to
the
>necessary equipment to operate the SX sets as self propelled trains under
>the 25KV OHTWE. I, too, would be pretty amazed to see 25KVAC traction
>motors!!! Shame it never happened actually. Think of it...... Brisbane
>U-boats!!
>
>Regards
>
>Matt Smith

They looked the part! But just like their Mexican (oops) cousins, they'd be
at the rewire or retire stage now.

It'd be good if Transperth got hold of a few, put in evaporative cooling and
used what's left of the AB/D/DAs to boost up the suburban fleet's capacity.
But it seems that the "powers that be" are happy for security concerns to
abate demand rather than find solutions to Perth's successful implementation
of electrification (more demand than catered for).

DW