Re: Future for QR Tin sets

Some SX sets may be retained for use during maintenance requiring overhead
isolations. This depends on the way power is fed to each particular line. If
both the Up and Down lines are de-energised at, say, Oxley, power is lost
all the way to Rosewood.

Similarly, If both lines are isolated around Wynnum North, power is lost all
the way to Cleveland. For example, a double track closure/isolation between
Redbank and Ipswich (like the one coming up on Sunday 10th January means
diesel power must be used on the Rosewood shuttle.

Also, SX sets can be used for steam hauled Exhibition circular services.
This seems to be a regular occurance now. We must wait and see.

Regards

Matt Smith
Brisbane, Queensland
matticue@corplink.com.au