Re: Future for QR Tin sets

David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in article
<75cmc9$kgj$10@news.mel.aone.net.au>...
> Graham Watkins (gwatkins@globec.com.au) wrote:
> > Diesels would be unlikely on the Rosewood trains as there are no run
round
> > facilities at Rosewood. Either a DEL would be required each end or the
> > trains would have to run to Grandchester to run round.
>

> An alternative would be to put MU cables through a few SX sets and put a
> 1720D on each end.
>
> Cheers
> David

Why can't you dispense with the second loco and have a driving compartment
with remote controls in the terminal car?  The poms and yanks have run this
sort of operation for years - Amtrak have quite long and fast operations in
this manner, I've been a ride with the engineer from LA to San Diego at
speeds up to 90 mph in a former metroliner car with the loco pushing the
train from the rear.

Regards

David Bennetts
Canberra