Re: For Your Comment Please

Hopeless, John, just hopeless.

This was an inevitable accident. Sounds to me like a local authority/Transit
problem, but someone must either remove the hazard, (that is, get all the
caravans out of there), or isolate it (that is, put in a significant fence). It
does not seem to be Tranz Rail's problem to me.

The suggestion that train speeds should be reduced is fine - if they will also
agree to reduce S.H.1 speeds to the same level, because the road traffic must
be dangerous too! Yeah, let's get real: neither commonsense nor the law require
train speeds to be reduced below 75km/hr.

Bill