Re: Future for QR Tin sets

Ron Bennell wrote in message <01be2c77$b4929bf0$66618493@el2nt>...
>They were able to almost maintain the EMU timetable.  Adding MU cabling
>should be relatively compared to the idea of fitting out an SX 'cab', plus
>a pair of 1720s should accelerate better than a single large loco.
>
>Ron

Actually, that is not true. In response to David Winter's question to me,
1720's have been banned on revenue suburban services because they cannot
maintain the timetable like a "90 tonner". The ban has only been in place
the last few years though. Many times in the past I travelled to work in an
Evans set hauled by a 1720 class. 1720's may still be used to run trains of
empty cars around Brisbane if necessary but not on Revenue services.

Regards

Matt Smith
Brisbane, Queensland
matticue@corplink.com.au