Re: XPT service ? Jack.

David Proctor wrote:

> As much as I like rail travel, I expect it to be of a reasonable standard.
> Countrylink is quite clearly not providing this, and I accept that it is due
> to circumstances outside their control. What I (and others) am saying is
> that they should be trying to change the circumstances. Put their feet down
> with government and say "We are unable to rpovide these services with this
> rolling stock!" and shorten some journeys. Then, they may be able to get the
> maintenance and cleaning done, the cars may be more reliable, and then,
> people who have a choice (as I do when I go to Melbourne) may just choose to
> go by train.
>
> David Proctor

They really need to have a look at their ball game. I know there are budgeting
confindes but Countrylink or State Rail or what ever they are calling themselves
this week, Need to overhaul their whole operations. Why the 900's were allowed
to run down be withdrawn and sold off is ...............stupid! A refit like the
way the XPTs were and they would bonza!
The overnighters should be loco hauled and day trains Xploder/Xpt.

By doing that a mythical thing called maintainance could be done.

rgds