Re: XPT service ? Jack.

David Proctor wrote in message
<75a4vn$tl2$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
>Jack wrote in message <74lhoa$esj$1@reader1.reader.news.ozemail.net>...
>
>>No u are not interested in debating the reason behind the  "poor service"
>>are just happy to have a moan....

(snip stuff that sounds an awful lot like another thread in another  group)

>But there are a number of small ways that things could be helped.
>
>An example - why does NT25/26 have to run to and from Grafton?

To service the pple of the Clarence?
 For
>historical reasons? The major population centre on the North Coast os Coffs
>Harbour. By truncating this service at Coffs Harbour,

tell me how u crew it..... where do they stay?  motel?  Ok 6 crew by 365
days a yerar in a motel.... mate there is no money to maintain em and ya
want to blow more on accomodatio for the crews.... while I'm there where
would u stow the set?

 the train could leave
>approx. 90 minutes later from Sydney and arrive in Sydney 90 minutes
>earlier, allowing more than enough time for servicing the cars before the
>trip to Melbourne.

Cant's argue with getting it home earlier

 Several friends who are PSS's

Must be Taree PSS's coz syndy don't work NT25.... and there is only 4 of em

 and SPA's have told me that
>the minimal loading on NT25/26 north of Coffs could easily be placed on a
>bus (and a small one at that!)
>
>All it takes is a little bit of lateral thinking.

And an understanding!

Cheers
Jack