Re: XPT service ? Jack.

Mylorace wrote in message <19981209041322.12061.00004296@ng133.aol.com>...
>Jack,
>Are you an apologist for State Rail,?

No Just a bloke who is gettin sick of whingers

or are you a bit retarded, or just a bit
>slow on the uptake?

Ignore the attempted insult

 I will make it simple for you, without nit picking about
>termonology or semantics.

No u are not interested in debating the reason behind the  "poor service"  u
are just happy to have a moan....

>I Stated the service is not good enough for 1998, and as a customer I
expect
>far better.

Well right to MR. Carr and his mob and ask why nearly every cent of state
money is being spent at Homebush Bay.... Don't single out countrylink
workers for your vicious uninformed attacks

>I have traveled by rail in every Country in the world, except China and
India /
>Pak,
>so I have a bit of an Idea what service is like on the world standard.

You are one up on me

>The North Coast XPT is a third rate service!

>I will say again,
>
>1. The train is rarly on time usually -15 mins.

Crap...... North Coast services run approximately 92% to table.... u are
talkin out of ya bum

>2.As a customer I don't want to Know about lack of a spare train or overuse
or
>the hours worked? by rail workers, or track conditions or any of that
nonsence
>(as a railfan they are of interest)

Well that makes u ignorant and intolerant to the situation

>3. $186.00 for a 840 return trip is up there with the world rate (except
Japan)
>but the service is not.

Good to see u are actually a fare paying customer...

>4.`Yes Planes are sometimes late, but never with the regularaty of the NC
XPT
>and with planes you have a choice of carrier, and the staff are seldom
surley,
>and planes are almost always clean and better maintained.

As i said.... North Coast services run 92% OK..... Now ... I'm wonderin who
is slow on the uptake now...  earlier  u spoke of semantics (read
availability and maintainance of sets) and all of a sudden u mention
maintainance and cleanliness of airplanes... must suit yre argument huh?

>5.I am not having a whinge for the sake of it, I want a much better
service,
>don't you,?

with the equipment supplied the service is fine..... U point the finger at
the wrong pple... point it at the government of this state

 dont we all,? and as I said if we sit back and cop it," Shee'l be
>right mate"
>and this will never get any better

Where is the She will be right stuff ya keep talkin about

>6. Don't know about car" G," I travel first Class, If I want a full
strength
>Beer, dont I
>have a right to one?
No You don't

 this will make any O/S visitors unfortunate enough to find
>themselves on this Train think we are all a bit strange If any use it in
2000,
>or if it is still running then, as there seems to be no time to maintain it

These trains are glorified commuter trains is all... they are not meant for
this sort of work...

>> Look at the big picture Jack, shouldn't we be trying to get more trains,

Old question..... where is the money coming from.