Re: Vic Tangara.

David Proctor wrote:

> Jonathan Lau wrote in message <3674A37A.7EB4EBED@ozemail.com.au>...
> >I remember seeing a photo in Railway Digest a few years back about a C or K
> type
> >car that had failed structural testing and was being used as a demo car at
> >Goninans. Anyone know what happened to this car?
>
> I think (and I stand to be corrected here) that it did not actually fail
> structural testing, but that it would not be passed while it had the
> Tangarbage style seating in it (fully mounted on the walls, placing extra
> strain on the body sides). I believe that, when properly outfitted, it was
> passed and entered service as a C-set carriage.
>
> David Proctor

The C sets were fully operational when this car was made wern't they??
We had a look at the "Tangara" and we said "It's a bloody C set!"
The C sets were grouped in with the K sets for a while before being changed to
C.
This leads me to think that all the choppers were in use. (I could be wrong)
The original seating for the Tangara prototype was 2+2.
I think the prototype might of been used as spares.

rgds