Re: Vic Tangara.

Jonathan Lau wrote in message <3674A37A.7EB4EBED@ozemail.com.au>...
>I remember seeing a photo in Railway Digest a few years back about a C or K
type
>car that had failed structural testing and was being used as a demo car at
>Goninans. Anyone know what happened to this car?

I think (and I stand to be corrected here) that it did not actually fail
structural testing, but that it would not be passed while it had the
Tangarbage style seating in it (fully mounted on the walls, placing extra
strain on the body sides). I believe that, when properly outfitted, it was
passed and entered service as a C-set carriage.

David Proctor
daproc.spambait@umpires.com