Re: Vic Tangara.

Gareth Lumsden wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Robert Harris wrote:
>
> > I am just interested in how the Vic Tangaras are going. (Yes I know they
> > run on electricity and rails.)
> > How do they perform to other trains?
> > Has anyone got pics?
> > How is the inside with respect to vandals wear and tear etc?
> >

> Going OK.  Often out of service only because Victoria does not have the
> necessary parts to fix it all the time.  Also breaks down often becuase of
> the 'lack of expertise' in fixing this train.
> Outside is looking a bit shabby becuase of the chemicals used to clean off
> grafitti.
> The inside is looking OK, it is no more dirtier than a Sydney Tangara.
>
> Gareth

Yes the metal used is a pain to keep respectable.
I'm no fan of Goninans, but I think the best design they came up with was the
K/C set design. They should of worked on updating that design and continue the
use of stainless steel. I did see the prototype of the tangara, it was basicly
a chopper with a desto above the drivers window and a few other mods.

rgds