Re: Aircondition Hitachi please!

G'day,

Gareth Lumsden wrote:

> It was slighty hot, and as most of us know, Comeng's and Hot wheather do
> not mix.  A Hitachi tangled it's pantograph at Toorak and was arcing onto
> itself (a bit nasty), from around 3pm.  There were major signalling
> failures in ther inner area, and I know the 18:00 down Warrnambool left
> Spencer St over 1.5 hours late with N475(!!)

Friday night became a real mess across the country network.  Point failure at Newport
in the morning delayed 8207, so that in turn delayed 8232, made worse by 90km/h
running, then 8237 had no loco (hence the N was used on 8237 and 8220 the next
morning).....nothing ran on the Ballarat line till quite late, of course the 90km/h
running means everything gets off diagram, and when a couple of sets are knocked out
with aircon failures, it becomes quite a mess!  Not too sure how the Sprinters go -
air-cooling when the air is damn hot seems a bit tricky!

Cheers,
CH.
--
Craig Haber