Re: Fate of S.A.R. 350 and 351???

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998 23:19:53 +1100, Bob <alco@acay.com.au> wrote:

>As I recall both units are preserved by Steamranger.
>Cheers
>Bob
>
>MarkBau1 wrote:
>
>> Last I heard neither had been scrapped and I think 350 was headed to Pt Dock,
>> can anyone bring me up to date? I'm doing a small feature on SA loco's for my
>> webpage.
>>
>> Mark.
>>
>> Visit my train pic website at:
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/

Well 351 is at the Port Dock Station Railway Museum, it was withdrawn
in 1979 and was preserved in 1991.  This information comes from a
publication called 'On Shed at Port Dock' (4th edition-Dec1997), the
guide to the Port Dock Railway Museum.
The A.R.H.S. obtained 351 from another preservation group for $2000,
and was used by SteamRanger at Goolwa and Dry Creek for a number of
years untill 1991, when it was transfered to the P.D.R.M.
Locomotive 350 is SteamRangers Mt Barker depot shunt locomotive.

I hope this is of help to you.

David Chester