Re: Aircondition Hitachi please!

thalytgv@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> 11/12/98 in the morning at Flinder street approaching 30 degrees
>
> 8:31 Belgrave train is delay by 15 minutes this is due to defect
> train,we
> do...
>
> Dammm IT! I lost my coffee time!
> 8:31 Belgrave train will be depart from platform 4 instead!
>
> DAMMMMMMMM! Such a humidity weather I don't want to move at all!
> and...DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! a bloody Hitachi!
> sweat and heat plus tired eyes all the way to Glenferrie
>
> 11/12/98 1:05pm temperature approaching 39 degrees
>
> 1:10 train to Flinder Street
> Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! another Hitachi!
>
> On the train I starts to think, Adtranz's "Network Classic" did a good
> job on
> refurbishing eyesore units of BR, can it be done with our Hitachi?
> especially
> with "air condition" part?

Just a reminder that heat also affect train drivers working on most
Hitachi and some Comeng sets, as the air con. does not always work in
driver's compartment!  Furthermore, depending on the direction of
travel, some drivers have to face the sun, especially during morning and
afternoon peaks!

I.C.

Iming Chan                                     Station Staff, Ringwood
                                                       Hillside Trains
Email: chani@translib.com.au                      Melbourne, Australia
   ** To reply, please remove 'X' at the end of my email address **