Re: Vic Tangaras

Sure, let's spend a lot of unnecessary money to replace Melbourne's
electric trains with new ones.  Why?   Just because they are "old"?
Trains and trams are not designed to wear out and be replaced every few
years just because the are perceived of by some as "old".  Sure, they
need some maintenance, and a refurbishment program wouldn't hurt, but
get new ones, I think not.  I can't think of too many instances
recently, worldwide, when new equipment was really  much better than
what it replaced.