Re: Bradfield's Electric City Railway

>From what I have seen the railway was built to get NSW moving, now its just a
political football (there were a few examples of politics in the early years
Piction being an example).
my point is that they wern't afraid to spend money to build infrastructure.
They didn't have departments that had 80% being consultants who only state the
obvious and get paid ridiculous amounts of money.
They had a better chance of recouping the money spent on infastructure ie, not
everyone had cars and there were few trucks.
The railways were run by "real people" not by number crunching university types
who will run this railway right into the ground, we see it time and time again.
The latest example is the renaming of positions. The L.S.A incharge of sign ons
at Campbelltown now gets 18 dollars plus per hour as base rate. What did they
do to get the pay rise? Nothing. Add to that the "back pay" of $5000.00 plus he
is getting.

Staff are being cut, sure there are a few token increases, ie Kinsgrove and
Riverwood being open 24hrs, support staff who help us do our job are being cut,
which means we can't do our job effectively, stations are not being manned, I
have seen examples where the station assistant called in sick and the station
was closed for the day.

The sooner we get some one that knows what they are doing and got rid of those
that think they know what they are doing the better for all.

Sorry for sounding like a doom and gloom merchant, but at least around Dr
Bradfield time there was more of a chance of things deing done even without the
technology that we have today ie the simple fact that we actually do have a
railway, dispite its flaws.

rgds