Re: Vic Tangaras

Robert Harris (bob@fastlink.com.au) wrote:
> David Bromage wrote:
> > Robert Harris (bob@fastlink.com.au) wrote:
> > > Vic Tangara basicly describes what it is,
> >
> > No it doesn't, because it's not a Tangara!

> It basicly has a tangara body with a few modifications / alterations

It's not a Tangara body, it's a custom job. The body is smaller in all
dimensions, and some of the electrics had to be rearranged to fit. The
design also has to cope with wider bogies on a narrower frame, hence the
loss of the skirts. I think the control system is also different to allow
for multiple unit operation with a Comeng.

It's like saying that GM1 is a South Australian F7. The GM1 was _based_
on the F7, but is a very different unit.

Cheers
David