Re: Vic Tangaras

David Bromage wrote:

It's not a Tangara body, it's a custom job. The body is smaller in all

> dimensions, and some of the electrics had to be rearranged to fit. The
> design also has to cope with wider bogies on a narrower frame, hence the
> loss of the skirts. I think the control system is also different to allow
> for multiple unit operation with a Comeng.
>
> It's like saying that GM1 is a South Australian F7. The GM1 was _based_
> on the F7, but is a very different unit.
>
> Cheers
> David

David,

Just say you bought a car eg a falcon.

You did a bit of work on it, put on spoilers fins tint the windows put an
ALCO twin turbo supercharged V 12 diesel engine in it and renamed it "DAVID'S
CHICK MAGNET" instead of Ford Falcon.

What would every one call it (besides laughing at it) ?
Answer a falcon.

History shows that people have given rolling stock unofficial names which
have stuck.

Pigs
Nannies
Red Rrattlers
Blue Goose
etc
Vic Tangara is just another.
You can call it 4D if you want but others will call it Vic Tangara.

rgds