Re: G29

> Mine is ex-Epping in the AM peak.  But you are right, the C sets are not seen
> as often anymore on sector 3.  My set this morning was Sector 2 C9 -
> surprising since the 48 cars were sector 3's C1-C8.
>
> --
> Paul McCabe

Ok Chopper set brief history.

Originaly trialed on the north shore to iron out bugs.
When the cars were brought into service they were put to work in sector 2.
They had "cloth" vandal proof seats, door chimes and "push to open" doors.
Originally targeted as K sets, they ran in 4/8 car trains.
Were renamed C (for chopper) sets and were to be only mashalled with other choppers sets.
This was done because a chopper can be left in 1 notch all day if the drivers wanted to, but if a K set type car was attached and
the train was in 1 notch, BANG!

Chopper sets were marshalled into 6 car sets sent to Hornsby for all the whinging north shore types that wanted air con. the seats
were changed to blue vinyl.

They kept on breaking down.

They were the transfered to Flemo because they are similar to Vsets.

rgds