Re: More - Re: Station announcements, Sydney

Super News wrote:

> And yes a phone, a mobile phone, does work well on Campbelltown Station and
> for that matter Glenfield station as well. Only a month of two back I rang
> Glenfield while on the station to ask, "What is the point of having
> destination announcements as the trains are leaving the station?" Only to
> get an answer back, "Who is this?" My reply, "Does it matter who am I?",
> Their reply, "No". My retort, "Well what -is- the point?" Their reply, "No
> point really". My retort, "Thought as much". While waiting for the next 10
> mins for the next train things didn't improve. It all out of control.

Yes but what do you expect from those fools at Glenfield!

I was working a City via Granville running about 4 late. The train from East
Hills was running 8 late. The train on the back platform (1) was a city via
granville due to depart 10 min after us if we were on time. Those idiots held us
until the East Hills train came and all 1 passenger came over. We departed 9 min
late thus delaying the trains behind us.

rgds