Re: Fuelling the Patricks Train

dbromage@metz.une.edu.au (David Bromage) wrote in aus.rail:

>Ron Howship (howshr@netlink.com.au) wrote:
>>I was always under the assumption that the EPA would not allow fueling of
>>locomotives out in the field.

>Has anyone told the preservations groups? BPR regularly fuels its diesels
>from road tankers. When the Red Hens were delivered to SGR, they were
>refueled at Speed from a road tanker. I think RM58 was fueled by hand from

Gadzooks!! "refuelled at Speed"? Have the SGR developed something akin
to inflight fuelling? Shucks folks, there ain't no such thing. Speed
is a town just down from Ouyen.

>200l drums on the ARHS Kulwin trip a few years back.

2001? Where did they store all those drums? A REAL space odyssey!
Are you sure it was 2001 drums, David? A DERM can only store 750
litres of fuel.

Les Brown