Re: Fatality

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997 22:55:41 +1000, Terry Collins <terryc@zip.net.au>
wrote:

> > Ever had a child run in front of your car?
> >
> > It may not be your fault but you feel responsible.
>
> No! thank goodness, but at least in a car I'd have a lot more options.
> Unless I was going too fast, I'd probably not feel responsible for any
> result.

I would.  I'd be thinking what would have happened if I had left home
a minute earlier or later.  The child would still be alive.

> Calous it may seem, but someone/thing suddenly running in front of your car
> is not something that you have total control over as I was reminded this
> morning when I did break for a dog that was going to run in front of my
> vehicle, but not heavily. I was prepared to hit it rather than suddenly
> swerve or break heavily and possibly have other problems.
>
> So, you'd all blame the train driver? This is the whole point. Some poor
> bastard who has no control over things gets hung up as a scape goat to
> revenge unthinking callous bastards, who spend most of their time speeding
> around the countryside in their vehicles. I think it is called guilt
> transferance!

Nobody would blame the train driver.

But think of the train driver's feelings.  Study psychology (as I
have) one day and you will understand.

Catchya

   http://www.zip.com.au/~kingpin