Re: Fatality

In article <341E654E.9426049C@zip.net.au>, terryc@zip.net.au says...

>C. Dewick wrote:
>>
>> Remember that I nearly killed someone at Pendle Hill with my train a year
or
>> two ago, so I know what it's like to be involved in an incident that can
>> result in fatalities. 8-)
>
>Perhaps a bit pedantic, but if you hit someone whilst driving a train, I'd
>hardly think that you killed them.
>
>They may have died from being struck by a train, but a driver has very
>little choice in the matter. You can apply the brakes, but momentum and
>condition are the governing factors.
>
>I guess it may be distressing to you personally, but saying you nearly
>killed someone is taking responsibility for actions beyond your control.

Well Terry, I have "been there done that". It does not matter how you put it.

When at the controls of a train and you run over a person and they die as a
result of injuries sustained, it IS an extremly distressing incident.

To have some prick like yourself pass comment on something you know stuff all
about really pisses me off.

As for any other "expert in rail fatalities".

Stick to commenting about stuff you know about!

Ron
Train Driver.