Re: Fatality

C. Dewick wrote:

> Remember that I nearly killed someone at Pendle Hill with my train a year or
> two ago, so I know what it's like to be involved in an incident that can
> result in fatalities. 8-)

Perhaps a bit pedantic, but if you hit someone whilst driving a train, I'd
hardly think that you killed them.

They may have died from being struck by a train, but a driver has very
little choice in the matter. You can apply the brakes, but momentum and
condition are the governing factors.

I guess it may be distressing to you personally, but saying you nearly
killed someone is taking responsibility for actions beyond your control.

--
   Terry Collins {:-)}}}        WOA Computer Services
   email:  terryc@zip.net.au  <novell, pc's, networks, unix>