Re: Fatality

Derek Woodlands wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 1997 20:49:54 +1000, Terry Collins <terryc@zip.net.au>
> wrote:
>
> > > To have some prick like yourself pass comment on something you know stuff all
> > > about really pisses me off.
> >
> > Well, as I said, I don't think the train driver can be held responsible and
> > saying that the train driver killed someone is irresponsible. Otherwise
> > you'd be an ex train driver!
>
> Ever had a child run in front of your car?
>
> It may not be your fault but you feel responsible.

No! thank goodness, but at least in a car I'd have a lot more options.
Unless I was going too fast, I'd probably not feel responsible for any
result.
Calous it may seem, but someone/thing suddenly running in front of your car
is not something that you have total control over as I was reminded this
morning when I did break for a dog that was going to run in front of my
vehicle, but not heavily. I was prepared to hit it rather than suddenly
swerve or break heavily and possibly have other problems.

So, you'd all blame the train driver? This is the whole point. Some poor
bastard who has no control over things gets hung up as a scape goat to
revenge unthinking callous bastards, who spend most of their time speeding
around the countryside in their vehicles. I think it is called guilt
transferance!

--
   Terry Collins {:-)}}}        WOA Computer Services
   email:  terryc@zip.net.au  <novell, pc's, networks, unix>