Re: Fatality

In the message about  Fatality, from KINGPIN@ZIP.NET.AU to ALL!, KINGPIN@ZIP.NET.AU said:"

KK> But not a part of the job that should be allowed to occur again in
KK> future.  I wonder how the TC's would have reacted if the body was that
KK> of a relative?

As far as practical but if it becomes impractical (like in this case) then
I fail to see the fuss.  Police see dead bodies all the time.  Ambulance
personnel do too.  Doctors do.  Medical examiners do.  Medical students
even have to dig around in dead bodies.   It's never pleasant but it's part
of a job.

If everyone refused to see a dead body... there would have been no rescue
attempts at Thredbo, there would be no progress in Medicine, no
forensics...

Many will disagree with me but I see it as a required part of being a train
driver that you will sometimes see a dead body or a severely mutilated
person who may still be alive.  Further,  I belive all train drivers should
be trained in First Aid procedures so they can render assistance to the
victims of rail accidents.

And as a commuter I would not be a happy person if I was late for work just
because train drivers didn't want to go past a dead person.  As I said
before, dead is dead is dead.  We might as well put the body on the tracks
and run over it a few more times for all the dead person is going to care!
Sure we can mourn the loss of a dead person, and even more so a close
friend or family member.  But emotional attachments to someone's dead body
are not logical.  The world would be a far better place if people were a
bit more logical and a bit less attached to useless objects such as dead
bodies.

Regards,

Albert.

 * RM 1.31  * Albert! alberta@zip.com.au http://www.zip.com.au/~alberta/