Train driving with the SGR.

I had a go last weekend of driving a flat top T hauled passenger train from
Korumburra to Nyora and back.
Really great fun, without a doubt.
The scenery is good and the twisty curves and 1:40 grades make the whole thing
a real challenge. (especially going down the hill, a dynamic brake sure would
have helped. Who owns T413??).
The best part of the day was coming back from
Nyora to Korumburra up the Bena bank with the poor old T flat out in 8th notch
making about 40 km/h
I would heartily recommend this sort of activity to anyone who wants a go at
the controls.
Expect to get a sore neck when you have to drive the T with the
No 2 end leading as all the controls are behind you.
Hood units with only single driving controls are the pits,(is it only the PTC
who have these??)

cheers
Maurie Daly