Re: 4001 & 42106 Status

Karl MAFTOUM <maftoum@science.canberra.edu.au> wrote in article
<34252f18.0@herald.canberra.edu.au>...
> Hi,
>

> What is the current status of 4001? I know it is at the RTM, but is there
any hope for a return to service?

> Also  what has become of 42106?
>
> Cheers
> Karl

4001 will probably be returned to service, but not for a few years yet. It
needs a lot of work done, including fitting the diesel engine and traction
motors, and the diesel group is flat out keeping the existing fleet of
4201, 4306, 4490, 4520, 7006, 7921 and D1 maintained. The RTM has an engine
for it but I don't think they have any traction motors yet.
I'm not sure what the status of 42106 is.
--
Chris Stratton
stratton.chris.cp@bhp.com.au

Any opinions are all my own work.