Re: Trains to Newcastle.

David Johnson wrote in message <349A65BF.3A43AA15@ozemail.com.au>...
>Derek Woodlands wrote:
>
>> Not bad for an electric unit not really designed for high speed.  It
>> would be interesting to see a race between a Tangara, the XPT and 3801
>> between Strathfield and Redfern!   It would be interesting to see how
>> they handled the rather rough points at Ashfield...  ;-)

David Johnson replied

>The train on the main line would win, followed by the train on the local
(assuming all other trains
>were worked clear), then the one on the suburban.
>
>All things being equal, the Tangara would win.
Why would a Tangara beat an XPT. I'm interested in your ,opinion. While your
at it, lets change the rules and location shall we? How about we go west of
Blacktown, forget 3801, and we will race a Tangara and an XPT.  The XPT can
be either LE 5 car set or 7 car set. On the high speed track, you still
think the Tangara will be the winner?
>--
>David Johnson
>CityRail Guard