Re: WT27/28 Central West XPT

David Proctor wrote:

> I asked the PSS that and he said it was a deliberate trial being conducted
> - Countrylink are critically short of XP class - they have only built 19,
> and with 8 XPT sets running, they require 16 - reducing WT27/28 to one
> power car would give them an extra car to cover for emergencies whil the
> older cars are coming up for overhaul.

I find this very hard to believe.  It was certainly not being tested by the scientific
branch.  Besides, this procedure would cost them around $250 extra per day just in track
access charges to get 7301 to Sydney and back.

Perhaps John Shields can enlighten us as to the real reason for this?

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard