Re: Re: [Sydney] Light Rail into the CBD? + UNSW heavy or light rail?

On 29 May 2001 12:57:48 +1000, spammers-will-die@austux.net (Jeremy
Lunn) wrote:

>In article <rh9vgtok5qkod8v97ho76kp8qpatjhd2vf@4ax.com>, David Johnson wrote:
>>>I'm glad you mentioned Melbourne.   Where is there any 8 to 9 minute
>>>journey by tram through the Melbourne CBD when the CDB is active?  Try
>>>15 minutes *minimum* along distance of about 2km max.
>>
>> Try walking around on a Sunday morning!  I walked from Spencer Street
>> to Flagstaff on a Sunday morning without seeing a single tram.
>
>What down Lonsdale St? :-)  It would help if there was tram tracks!

Um...  Dunno!  There were tracks there.

>Seriously though I walked from Collingwood into Parliment station
>without seeing a single tram on one Sunday morning.  If I read the
>timetable correctly at least one should have passed me!

I walked out of Fat Albert's shop after experiencing an overdose of
his verbal diarrhea.  Across the road was a tram stop, with a tram due
in two minutes.  It never showed up, and the next one was 7 minutes
late.  I also went to the "Shadow of West Tower" on a Sunday afternoon
to find the clubrooms closed at 15:30.  Walking back to Spencer
Street, there were three trams that I was supposed to pass, but none
of them showed up.   Melbourne's public transport is pathetic.

David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
These comments are made in a private