Re: [Sydney] Light Rail into the CBD? + UNSW heavy or light rail?

"geoff dawson" <geoffrey.dawson@aph.gov.au> wrote in message

> PS For the same reasons I would advocate building light rail
> Sydney-Randwick, Kingsford, La Perouse and Maroubra in preference to
> extending heavy rail from Bondi Jct to Kingsford (another current thread).
> Light rail will be vastly more convenient for travel Central to UNSW; city
> to Moore Park, Showground, Cricket Ground, Randwick racecourse, Centennial
> Park; & avoiding rail bus interchange for travel to La Perouse. With
proper
> traffic management it would almost certainly be faster all round for most
> purposes (given the extremely circuitous heavy rail route from Central to
> Kingsford)

But the problem with light rail is the integrated ticketing (Travelpasses)
may as well go...almost everyone that has to travel by train + bus to UNSW
uses a travelpass. If Metro Light Rail does eventually get lines into La
Perouse/Randwick , which is certainly going to wipe out a few bus routes,
then the costs will increase for students at least...and that accounts for
thousands of them!!!

that was why I'd prefer Bondi Junction heavy rail to be extended down...but
then again, what are the chances of that?