Re: Excess NR Locos for Sale

in article 3b138e3e$0$25521$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au, Rod
[comtrain] at freight_man@hotmail.com wrote on 5/29/01 5:51 AM:

> Most of us thought it was pretty funny, particularly in Wodonga, when Vic
> Rail crews continually used to get into the Electrical Cabinets and fix NSW
> locos, because we were trained to manipulate, and fault find all our Locos.
> PTC Inspectors used to know less than us about Fault corrections. You guys
> had your ways, we had ours.

Of course it was not that many years ago (early 80's)that NSW crews did not
use the dynamic brake! The first time an X ran through to Sydney I was on
the Aurora, at Albury the "highly trained" NSW crew climbed aboard. I showed
the fireman how the X's staff exchanger worked while my driver showed the
NSW driver a couple of things that the NSW driver was asking about. At the
end my driver said "And its got a real good dynamic brake" to which the NSW
driver replied "Oh I never use that thing"

Bet NR had to run some dynamic 101 classes for all of the NSW blokes!

Mark