Re: Excess NR Locos for Sale

G'day,

They can all go to hell.

We have worked bloody hard to reverse the losses that the state rail system
had.

Why should we give away what we have worked hard for and that is only to
help some of our opposition ?  These companies operate without the huge
operating costs and are satisfying a part of the industry but I'll be fucked
if we should allow thm to get bigger on our own equipment.

They are operating outside the union protection (contrary to the agreements
they may have with the RBTU) and I know for a fact that some of their crews
are doing extraordinarly long hours to keep the boat above the waterline.

The industry should be using NR as a standardand improving on that.

Stuff the opposition present and the future, we've done a bloody good job
getting to where we are now.

Joe
"Grahame Ferguson" <grahamef@users.mcmedia.com.au> wrote in message
3b0bb347@nap-ns1.netconnect.net.au">news:3b0bb347@nap-ns1.netconnect.net.au...
> In todays (23/5/01) Financial Review (also at www.afr.com.au ) under the
> headline-
>  "PM backs new plan for rail sell-off"
> It began by stating that "The Federal Government plans to link National
Rail