Re: [NSW] Maybe guards aren't useless, they're dangerous

alpout@optusnet.com.au (Al) wrote in
<3b0b824f$0$25502$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>:

>My own personal brickbat goes out to the guard on the 4:19pm from
>Newcastle to Telarah today, at Victoria St.  He gave the signal to move
>off while people were still trying to get off, including my girlfriend,
>who was sort of carried about 30m in the doorway as the train
>accelerated, with the door closing on her, until she managed to jump
>clear.

Bout time they installed door/brake interlocking on Sydney trains. Works
everywhere else so I dunno what is so different about Sydney people for it
not to work there too.

>And the worst part?  The guard watched the whole thing and didn't do
>anything to stop the train.

Should be a sackable offence.

>All I'm going to say is he's lucky I wasn't around.

Don't blame ya.

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Never engage in an intellectual argument with an idiot.
They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience --
(Unknown)