Re: [NSW] Maybe guards aren't useless, they're dangerous

"Michael" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
90AB49A7gunzelT333@203.164.20.149">news:90AB49A7gunzelT333@203.164.20.149...
> alpout@optusnet.com.au (Al) wrote in
> <3b0b824f$0$25502$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>:
>
> >My own personal brickbat goes out to the guard on the 4:19pm from
> >Newcastle to Telarah today, at Victoria St.  He gave the signal to move
> >off while people were still trying to get off, including my girlfriend,
> >who was sort of carried about 30m in the doorway as the train
> >accelerated, with the door closing on her, until she managed to jump
> >clear.
>
> Bout time they installed door/brake interlocking on Sydney trains. Works
> everywhere else so I dunno what is so different about Sydney people for it
> not to work there too.

Not quite in Sydney.  Don't confuse all of NSW with Sydney, we deserve better
than that.

> >And the worst part?  The guard watched the whole thing and didn't do
> >anything to stop the train.
>
> Should be a sackable offence.

Well, that sort of thing never happened in Melbourne whenever we caught trains
there, and they don't even have guards.

> >All I'm going to say is he's lucky I wasn't around.
>
> Don't blame ya.

Figured out later that the same guy was on a train heading back to Newcastle
when I was heading home.  Wish I'd thought of it then.

Al