Re: [Melb] Will new trams draw too much current?

"Jeremy Lunn" <spammers-will-die@austux.net> wrote in message
slrn9gh7ph.td.spammers-will-die@amalthea.dark.net">news:slrn9gh7ph.td.spammers-will-die@amalthea.dark.net...
> In article <st4fgtk4u6clubd71f36snslgcajmuluka@4ax.com>, Morphet wrote:
> > They will have to add a new substation!   Currently when a few to many
> > trams in the last section of the 109 (and Wattle Park) the trams
> > suffer a power loss (passengers can tell because the lights go down
> > and all the trams within view are going 15 kmh)
> >
> > Both these routes use A-Class trams which use a lot less power than a
> > B-Class.
>
> I thought that Wattle Park (route 70) uses mostly Z class trams in off
> peak and B2 class trams in peak.
> http://www.railpage.org.au/tram/images/z3i.gif
> (that photo looks like wattle park too!)
>
> As for 109.  I assume you mean the Mont Albert end of the line.

That was a long time ago, when they extended  Route 70 to Flinders St west,
they started using A's all the time. There are now no Zs at Camberwell Depot
(Route 70 & 75).

cheers
Johann