Re: [Melb] Will new trams draw too much current?

On Sun, 20 May 2001 17:10:23 +1200, David McLoughlin
<davemcl*PISSOFFSPAMMERS*@iprolink.co.nzzzzz> wrote:

>What I was asking in general was whether the electrical system overall
>is being upgraded for the Citadis and Combino power-hog trams, and
>whether in particular there will be a new substation for the Box Hill
>extension.

They will have to add a new substation!   Currently when a few to many
trams in the last section of the 109 (and Wattle Park) the trams
suffer a power loss (passengers can tell because the lights go down
and all the trams within view are going 15 kmh)

Both these routes use A-Class trams which use a lot less power than a
B-Class.