Re: [Melb] Will new trams draw too much current?

On 21 May 2001 14:53:20 +1000, spammers-will-die@austux.net (Jeremy
Lunn) wrote:

>I thought that Wattle Park (route 70) uses mostly Z class trams in off
>peak and B2 class trams in peak.
>http://www.railpage.org.au/tram/images/z3i.gif
>(that photo looks like wattle park too!)

Since the Exhibition Street extension opened a few years ago Z's
cannot run on the #70 because they cannot stop at the  raised
platforms at the Tennis Center & M.C.G.

Because the front step of a Z is on a angle, it was considered unsafe
because lemmings could fall between the tram and the platform

>As for 109.  I assume you mean the Mont Albert end of the line.

yep, and have you noticed that you never see a Z doing 109's (raised
platforms on the light rail)