Re: Dombarton to Maldon

Bradley Torr <truenorth@one.net.au.SPAMTRAP> wrote in message
01c0d7c4$902ffdc0$573e0c3d@default">news:01c0d7c4$902ffdc0$573e0c3d@default...

> Bring on the Maldon-Dombarton railway, I say. Those overhead stanchions
> down from Unanderra look curiously lonely and unadorned.

And all just soooo over engineered for 25kV AC.

It appears that RIC has been applying some thought to this issue though.  The
new non-portal overhead stanchions delivered for the Turrella-Beverly Hills
quadruplication appear to be of a more slender profile (except for where the
overhead is sectioned and anchored).  Somone's out to minimise the visiual
impact or just saving money on steel?

Chris