Re: [NSW] Chatswood station/update (gone west)

Paul Jones <dj_wiseguy2_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
9d8ks5$gp4p8$1@ID-65853.news.dfncis.de">news:9d8ks5$gp4p8$1@ID-65853.news.dfncis.de...

> Seen the Down Main between Doonside and Mt.Druit lately???
> I don't see them digging it up because it is an eyesore!!
> I've seen sidings in better condition....

I thought the whole down main between St Marys and Blacktown was going to be
rehabilitated during a 4 week (?) track shut down some years ago, in the same
fashion both up lines were.  Work only progressed from St Marys to the up side
of Rooty Hill however, it was like the track relaying machine died in the arse
and the remainder of the project was abandoned, well short of the end of the
intended shutdown period.

Chris