Re: Re: Recorded messages

"David Johnson" <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
rkpfftgrf75hsd64de06bceveehfvnf9i2@4ax.com">news:rkpfftgrf75hsd64de06bceveehfvnf9i2@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 8 May 2001 13:16:41 +1000, "Al" <alpout@optusnet.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Yep, they didn't, train home was about 10 minutes late after having to wait
> >for one from Sydney (that's what the guard said).
>
> I'm assuming you're between Waratah and Maitland somewhere, which
> would mean they would have waited for the connecting train from Sydney
> at hamilton.

Yup, Warabrook to Vic St.  It was the Scone service, so I suppose it would
have had to wait.

> >BTW, do the 620/720's have speedos?? I've looked in the cab a few times
when
> >travelling with my bike, but the only things I've seen are tachos and air
> >pressure guages.
>
> Yes, they were fitted with speedos, but all the ones that I saw failed
> within a few weeks of installation.  They also had an odometer fitted.
> I saw one set that had failed 000007 kms after it was fitted, hardly
> enough to get from Broadmeadow to Newcastle!

So do they just drive by ear now?  Watching the driver go through Hexham
station on the way to Newcastle (express across the swamp), it looked like
there was an art to it.

That's like a fire truck I drove last year.  No speedo, half the electrics had
gone (including the red and blues) and the low range 4WD didn't work.  It had
the grand sum of 406km on the odo.

Al