Re: Re: Recorded messages

On Tue, 8 May 2001 13:16:41 +1000, "Al" <alpout@optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

>Yep, they didn't, train home was about 10 minutes late after having to wait
>for one from Sydney (that's what the guard said).

I'm assuming you're between Waratah and Maitland somewhere, which
would mean they would have waited for the connecting train from Sydney
at hamilton.

>BTW, do the 620/720's have speedos?? I've looked in the cab a few times when
>travelling with my bike, but the only things I've seen are tachos and air
>pressure guages.

Yes, they were fitted with speedos, but all the ones that I saw failed
within a few weeks of installation.  They also had an odometer fitted.
I saw one set that had failed 000007 kms after it was fitted, hardly
enough to get from Broadmeadow to Newcastle!

David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
These comments are made in a private