Re: [MELB]Early sunday trains

"Daniel Bowen" <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> writes:

>Perfectly true, yes. It's sometimes tempting to believe that the ALP are
>better for public transport, but you do have to remember the steady
>improvements made to Sunday frequencies by the coalition, as well as opening
>the loop on Sundays.

But the weekday timetable is still not back to where it was when the Liberals
declared that the summer timetable would be permanent.

While they _finally_ seem to have fixed the problem of there being no
express trains to the city for a period of about 9 minutes between
7.39am and 7.48am at Mitcham station (they had turned a Box Hill - Camb -
Richmond - FSS direct train into a stopping all stations trains), there's
no longer any trains skipping Heatherdale & Laburnum, and there doesn't
seem to be any Box Hill - Richmond express trains anymore.

Fortunately, I haven't lived in the eastern suburbs since the end of 1999 now,
and never intend to go back, but the trains still aren't frequent enough for
what is easily the most heavily used rail line that Melbourne has.

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse (paul@dwerryhouse.com.au)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands.    <---- current location